Thank you for your interest in this training!
Please complete your registration by clicking the confirm button at the bottom of the registration page. You can print the confirmation webpage or save it to your desktop by right-clicking and choosing “save as” to serve as a receipt of your workshop registration. A confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide during registration — check your spam filter and/or tabs if you cannot find it (especially if you use Gmail).
|EMDR Institute Basic Training, Weekend 1 - Fri/Sat/Sun (Iselin, NJ)Open Seats 400||2019-11-22 8:00 am||-||2019-11-244:00 pm|
|Navigating the Addiction Protocol Maze - Payson and Becker (Natick MA)Open Seats 559||2019-12-13 9:00 am||-||4:30 pm|
|EMDR Therapy Basic Training, Weekend 1 (and 2) - Fri/Sat/Sun (Burlington, VT)Open Seats 12||2020-1-10 8:00 am||-||2020-1-125:00 pm|
|EMDR Institute Basic Training, Weekend 2 - Fri/Sat/Sun (Natick, MA)Open Seats 400||2020-1-31 8:00 am||-||2020-2-24:00 pm|
|EMDR Institute Basic Training, Weekend 2 - Fri/Sat/Sun (Iselin, NJ)Open Seats 400||2020-2-28 8:00 am||-||2020-3-14:00 pm|
Dec 13,2019 - Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
REGISTER BELOW FOR ON-SITE PARTICIPATION
Navigating the Addiction Protocol Maze: EMDR Therapy and the Treatment of Substance and Behavioral Addictions
December 13, 2019 6 credits: EMDRIA, Psychologists, MSW LMFT, LMHC, LPC and other masters level NBCC approved clinicians. NY CEs can be arranged.
9:00am to 4:30pm
Livestream or In Person
Crowne Plaza Natick 1360 Worcester Street, Route 9 Natick, MA 01760
Interested in staying at the Crowne Plaza? For group rates, call the Reservations Department directly at 800-265-0339 or Click here. Enter your desired dates into the site. You will see an area to include the number of guests, rate preference and group code (EMD), each of which should be left as the default for this group. When ready, click "BOOK" and then "SELECT ROOM." After the page is loaded, the group name EMDR Advanced Traini and the appropriate rates are reflected with each corresponding room type (from $149 plus tax). FREE Cancellation until 6:00 PM local hotel time on Thu 28 Nov 2019.
If you'd prefer, reservations can also be made on the hotel website or through third-party booking sites.
Download PDF for full event details.
Program Fees (includes 6 CEs per day):
- $195 if sent by Nov 10, 2019
- $225 if sent by Nov 26, 2019
- $265 if sent after Nov 26, 2019
Full refunds until October 27, 2019; then 80% until 1 week before training, no refunds after November 24, 2019.
LIVESTREAM and DELAYED VIEWING OPTION: CAN'T ATTEND ON-SITE? When you purchase the livestream/delayed viewing (all one option), BeaconLive will provide you with instructions on how to access the program including tech support contact info. You can then watch any part or all of the program while it is happening and email in questions as it occurs. The pre-recorded program will be available within a few days after the live version. You can then watch the program whenever you'd like for 90 days (with a $40 per month extension available if you want more time). At the end of the program, you will see prompts to a quiz to demonstrate your participation. Once you pass the quiz (unlimited chances), you'll have access to a downloadable CE certificate.
GROUP DISCOUNT RATE (for livestream/delayed viewing, only): This rate is designed so that local colleagues can both co-register at reduced rates and have the option to link up for collaborative discussions about the training content. As a group member, you have many viewing options. You can simply watch the training individually or you can watch parts or all of it with your group members. You'll have access to the livestream and the recorded training for 90 days after the training to watch/rewatch. You can create any opportunities you want to discuss and practice the techniques together. Please understand that it is unethical for non-paying clinicians to participate in the livestream/delayed viewing option.
The rates are as follow:
- 4 or more clinicians: $30 off per person per day
- Once a group has been formed, the group organizer (captain) should register and, in the box below, indicate others in the group. Then those other group members can register using the group rate at checkout. Four are needed to start the group but additional members can add themselves to the group by mentioning their group leader's name.
This workshop explores the use of EMDR Therapy in the treatment of substance use disorders and other addictive and compulsive behaviors—specifically with clients who are not yet abstinent. Our treatment-focused workshop teaches how to stabilize clients and desensitize addiction memory networks without triggering increased substance use or relapse.
Addictive and compulsive behaviors can provide trauma survivors with a sense of escape from symptoms as well as feelings of safety, control, power and belonging. These seemingly positive aspects of compulsions are short lived and backfire with negative consequences, however the pull for relief from trauma symptoms are so great that cravings increase and a cycle of use ensues. Using demonstration, case presentation, lecture and video clips, this training offers an overview for working with people struggling with addiction. History-taking, increasing clients’ inner locus of motivation, desensitizing cravings, and treating the underlying trauma will all be discussed. Clinicians will increase treatment planning skills and confidence in working with people with substance use disorders and behavioral addictions. Attendees are provided with a scripted protocol handout to use after the training. This protocol includes history-taking, Motivational Interviewing informed interweaves, desensitizing of cravings and working with the maladaptive seemingly positive aspects of using.
Using demonstration, case presentation, lecture and video clips, this workshop explores the use of EMDR in the treatment of substance use disorders and other addictive and compulsive behaviors—specifically with clients who are not yet abstinent. This treatment-focused workshop teaches how to stabilize clients and desensitize addiction memory networks without triggering increased substance use or relapse. History-taking, increasing clients’ inner locus of motivation, desensitizing cravings, and treating the underlying trauma will all be discussed. Clinicians will increase treatment planning skills and confidence in working with people with substance use disorders and behavioral addictions.
Learning Objectives - Participants will be able to:
- Articulate how trauma symptoms increase vulnerability to addiction.
- Identify at least 2 addiction specific stabilization options to use in Phase 2 of EMDR therapy.
- Describe the steps involved in addressing and desensitizing cravings, urges and triggers related to substance/behavioral addictions.
- Define the term: maladaptive positive feeling state.
- Identify how to address the maladaptive “positive” feelings, body sensations or irrational cognitions linked to addictions.
- Identify treatment planning options, and common NC/PC’s for clients with histories of complex trauma and addiction.
- Common case conceptualization challenges
- Increasing internal locus of control
- Stages of Change Model
- Motivational Interviewing techniques
- DeTUR Protocol
- Maladaptive positive affect and cognitions
- Increasing flexibility and confidence
- Treating non-abstinent clients
Kate Becker, LCSW, RYT, SCPG is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, HAP facilitator, a Registered Yoga Teacher, and is certified in Connecticut for Problem Gambling. Kate's specializes in the treatment of addiction, anxiety disorders and trauma. She has worked in community mental health and substance abuse and in hospice care. Kate has facilitated a variety of therapy groups including Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Co-Occurring disorders, Problem Gambling and Intimate Partner Violence. Kate is currently completing her 500-hour yoga teacher training, and integrates meditation, breathing techniques, mantra and yoga asana in her work with clients. Her private practice is in Glastonbury, CT.
EMDR Advanced Training maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA standards. This workshop is held in facilities which are in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact email@example.com if special accommodations are required. Completion of an EMDRIA approved basic EMDR therapy training is required. Advanced Psychotherapy Trainings is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NY CEs by arrangement. EMDR ATDL maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Please direct further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete your registration by clicking the confirm button at the bottom of the second registration page. You can print the confirmation webpage or save it to your desktop by right-clicking and choosing “save as” to serve as a receipt of your workshop registration. A confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide during registration — check your spam filter and/or tabs if you cannot find it (especially if you use Gmail). REGISTRATION BELOW FOR IN-PERSON TRAINING ONLY. Interested in the livestream? CLICK HERE
The Verve, Crowne Plaza Natick
1360 Worcester Street, Route 9
Regular Registration $ 195.00
Regular Registration $ 225.00
Regular Registration $ 265.00
Non-Profit Employee (30+hr/wk) Rate $ 165.00
Non-Profit Employee (30+hr/wk) Rate $ 195.00
Non-Profit Employee (30+hr/wk) Rate $ 235.00
Jan 10,2020 - Jan 12,2020 Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Supervised small group practice on each training day
- Physiological overview of the information processing system
- Specialized history-taking to identify dysfunctional patterns and causes
- Treatment planning to address past events, current triggers and future needs
- Stabilization techniques across the attachment spectrum
- Reduction of overt symptoms and achieving comprehensive mental health
- Addressing the full range of trauma and other disturbing life events
- Applications to combat trauma and first responders
- Applications to addictions, grief, anxiety, depression and somatic disorders
- Applications to natural and man-made disasters
- Applications to family and couples therapy
- Personal use for therapist to process vicarious traumatization
- 8:00 AM Registration/Coffee
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Session
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Session
- 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM Session
- 10 hours of didactic + 10 hours of supervised practice
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the parameters treatable with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
- 10 hours of didactic + 10 hours of supervised practice
- Describe 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
- $1495 for two weekends of training and 10 hours of consultation
- $1295 for two weekends of training and 10 hours of consultation at a discounted rate for Community Mental Health Clinicians
- Inquire about payment plans or group discount rates: email@example.com
$450 Basic Training Refresher Course; $300 for morning didactic only. (This option is for those who have already received the EMDR Basic Training, but want a refresher to strengthen your EMDR fundamentals. Cost covers Part 1 or Part 2 and does not include additional consultation. Participants must send a certificate of completion from their initial training.)
- Reading the textbook, EMDR: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures (Shapiro 2018)
- 10 hours of case consultation with an EMDR Institute Approved Consultant (included)
- 5 hours are required prior to Weekend 2; 5 hours after Weekend 2
Dion Family Student Center, St. Michael's College
One Winooski Park
2 Weekends of Training and 10 hours of Consultation $ 1495.00
Community Mental Health Clinicians discounted rate $ 1295.00
Basic Training Refresher Course - Part I $ 450.00
Basic Training Refresher Course - Part I (morning didactic only) $ 300.00
Weekend 1 ONLY - 20 CEs $ 747.50
Weekend 1 ONLY - discounted rate for Community MHC - 20 CEs $ 647.50